You can connect Probely with either Jira Cloud or with your own Jira Server instance. This enables you to have two-way synchronization of your findings with Jira, by fully integrating Probely with your existing bug tracker or task manager.
Regardless of your Jira setup, you need to choose which targets to synchronize and how. The options available are the same for both Jira Cloud and Jira Server.
If you are looking to how to connect Probely with your Jira Server instance, see this how-to.
To configure the target go to Settings -> Integrations and then Jira Server or Jira Cloud.
You will see the following screen:
Project - choose which Jira project to sync with.
Issue Type - choose the type of issue for the findings.
The options available are dependent on the project you chose before. The same goes for the Status and Priority Mapping that follows.
Automatically Sync All Findings - if enabled, all findings, existing and future, will be automatically synchronized with Jira. If disabled, you need to choose individual findings to sync, at each finding.
Status Mapping - maps Probely status to Jira status
- Not Fixed - the initial state of the finding, right after being reported.
- Invalid - (optional) the user set the finding as invalid (false-positive).
- Accepted Risk - (optional) the user acknowledges the finding, but accepts its risk and will not fix it.
- Fixed - Probely confirms that the finding is fixed.
Please note that each Jira Status can only be used once for each project.
Priority Mapping - maps Probely severity to Jira priority
- High - a finding that represents a high risk for the application, whose exploitation can relatively easily cause damage to the application.
- Medium - a finding that alone is unlikely to cause damage to the application. However, if combined with another one, or in rare situations by itself, it can cause damage.
- Low - alone, a low risk finding will not compromise your application, except in extreme situations. The attacker will normally require another higher risk finding to be able to take advantage of this one.